Serving Mission since 1920
Over 100 dedicated volunteers contribute their time to provide non-medical services and comforts to patients at Mission Memorial Hospital and to raise funds for medical equipment. Our Mission is: To support, enhance and promote health care in our community through volunteering and fundraising.
Mission Health Care Auxiliary Is One Of Mission’s Oldest Volunteer Organizations
Its members have been raising funds for health care needs in Mission for 100 years. Read more about our History. The auxiliary raises money for all projects, such as equipment for the hospital or improving patient care in the community, in numerous ways.
When the group first formed in 1920, its members held teas, bake sales, and bazaars, but now, most of its funds are raised from sales at The Cottage Thrift Store, located at 33228 First Avenue. The group relies on donations from the public to stock the shelves at The Cottage. Volunteers staff the thrift store. Funds are also raised through some of our other services, including the Gift Shop located at Mission hospital and our Medical Equipment Loan service.
All Money Raised Stays In The Community.
The funds are used to buy equipment for Mission Memorial Hospital and other community projects to improve health care. Some of our achievements include the following:
- $155,500 to MMH for many items, which include a bariatric bed, stretcher and commode, wheelchair scale, fall mats, pharmaceutical fridge, portable suction units, pocket alarms, chair alarms, spirit bed, fall mats and the installation of the Vernacare System
- $300,000 to The Residence In Mission (TRIM)
- $85,000 to the Dr. Stuart Pavilion and TRIM for Bus Trips and the Comfort Fund
- $11,000 for bursaries to Junior Volunteers
- $50,000 for TVs for the comfort and enjoyment of patients at MMH
- $300,000 for Ultrasound
- $9,575 for Bariatric Stretcher for Emergency
- $9,093 for 3 Broda Chairs for the Medical Unit
- $1,961 for 6 Welch Allyn Thermometers for the Medical Unit
- Treatment Recliners: 3 for Emergency and 2 for Ambulatory Day Care